- Marketing & PR
- Visitor Services
- Membership – Outreach and support
- Special Events – Support for events
- Administrative – Special Projects, Data Entry
- Museum and Gift Shop
- Interpretive Programs & Tours
Join our team of dedicated volunteers at Tahoe Heritage Foundation and Tallac Historic Site, Pope-Baldwin Estates and help us preserve and share the legacies of Old Tahoe.
Volunteer opportunities are not limited to what is listed below. There are many different roles that volunteers serve at the Foundation and the historic Site, including year-round opportunities every day of the week! We are happy to work with you to find a match for your unique skills and interest with our programs.
Volunteers are a key to our preservation efforts here at Tallac Historic Site and other projects around the Lake Tahoe Basin. Without generous donations of time and energy, there would be no way we could keep up with the day-to-day work, interpretive programs, and maintenance of this treasured historic site. We are preserving the past, and creating the future for the next generation.
How to Volunteer
Volunteers at Tahoe Heritage Foundation must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a returning volunteer in good standing;
- New volunteers to provide references and experience;
- Complete a Volunteer Program Application;
- Sign Tahoe Heritage Foundation Volunteer Group Agreement, Code of Conduct and USFS Job Hazard Analysis; provided during Orientation
- Local Volunteers meet a minimum of 72 hours per year of volunteer service;
- RV Volunteers must reside more than 50 miles from the historic site and meet a minimum commitment to one 7 or 8 week session. Limit is (2) consecutive or alternating sessions May to Mid-October. RV sites are provided in exchange for service.
- Provide Tahoe Heritage Foundation with an email address so we can share important volunteer updates and information with you regularly;
- Be able to traverse (with an assistive device if needed) the uneven terrain of the Pope-Baldwin Estates, Tallac Historic Site property; includes off-site project based locations.
Complete the Volunteer Program Application below:
If you have questions about volunteering, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at (530) 544-7383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.