Join us for our FREE fun family-friendly Heritage Days!
Explore what life would have been like visiting Lake Tahoe in the 1920s at our summer estates.
- Play historic games like croquet, sack races, tug-o-war
- Educational kids activities throughout the site
- Relax by the shore, spend the day!
Drop-in fun, ‘Nanny-guided’ creative activities for young children and families throughout the day at the Artist’s Cabin – Most crafts and activities take approximately 30 minutes to complete. Some supplies and materials are available, others may require a scavenger hunt along the shoreline or forest!
- Visit the Tallac Museum and Gift Store
- View the many exhibits in the estate outbuildings that staff lived in laundry, nanny, gardener and more!
- Watch a demonstration at the Blacksmith Shop! Basket Weaving and even Rug Hooking!
- Have a family picnic on the beach, read a book on the porch of the Indian Cabin.
- Enjoy your morning coffee sitting on one of the many benches available along the shoreline.
- Take a walk on the promenade and Shoreline Trail (we’ll show you the way) where the Tallac Casino and Resort once attracted wealthy San Francisco area families to the area, interpretive signage and foundations depict a bygone era that Lake Tahoe once represented!
All regular tours and programs available.