The historically registered Pope-Baldwin Estates at the Tallac Historic Site in South Lake Tahoe are a must see for locals and visitors to the area. The summer estates are currently (2021) open Thu – Sun during the summer month’s, the public is free to wander throughout the estates year-round although no services are available during the winter months.
The historic Baldwin House|Tallac Museum and Gift Shop is open from 10am-4pm Thursday to Sunday. Free Entry.
Tallac is open rain or shine and we do not refund/reschedule Tours due to weather.
- All Visitors must follow USFS/CDC requirements for building entry
- There is no smoking on or near the property historic buildings
- Dogs are NOT permitted in buildings, only service dogs are allowed. Emotional support animals are not included under ADA guidelines
- Tour Tickets are non-refundable and may be rescheduled if availability exists
- By purchasing a tour, program or event ticket, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials
Please contact the office at email@example.com or Tallac Museum 530-541-5227 if you need assistance.
Tahoe Heritage Foundation, non-profit partners with the USFS, Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit to offer programs, tours, and special events. For more information please see calendar of events below.